Sandra Harewood MSc., Psychotherapeutic Counsellor, Couple Therapist & Jungian Coach
My work as a counsellor and Jungian coach is about helping thoughtful, creative, high-achieving and soul-centred women figure out how to come home to themselves. After we have worked together, over time, you will feel more connected to your authentic self, be more fully yourself in relationships, and feel good enough.
You’ll then be able to trust the next steps and make empowered decisions about whether to stay or leave. Because, whether you choose to divorce and separate or remain, you create and transition into a new relationship.
Your Healing Journey Starts Here
I know that difficult, unhealthy relationships hurt and are painful. Not to forget exhausting. But what I want you to know is that even though life feels confusing, and messy change and transformation are possible. You can soothe your wounds, recover from the complicated relationship and create the life and relationships you want to experience, discovering your True Self along the way.
I have found both counselling and coaching profoundly supportive, challenging and life-changing.
And so I want to share that gift with you.
Counselling and coaching helped me to navigate my journey of personal growth with grace and empowerment. And yes, I do continue to have therapy. That’s because I practice what I preach and know what it is like to be in the client’s chair.
Ideally, counselling and psychotherapy should be for all of us; they are like eating good food, going to the gym or being immersed in a hobby that you love yet stretches you.
I believe passionately that coaching, counselling and psychotherapy will make a positive difference in your life. You can read a little about my journey into starting therapy here.
All relationships, whether with a partner, child, work colleague or friend, allow you to learn something about yourself, your story, your wounds and your soul.
Time To Thrive!
For me, the work of counselling is to become aware of your wounds to make changes and live the life your soul is calling you to. Relationship transition coaching helps you step into your envisioned future.
When you make empowered choices about how you want to live, you stop reacting, acting on impulse or ruminating and staying stuck and holding the belief that there ‘something wrong with me.’
I have been working with clients for over 13 years. My clients are women who have experienced the impact of difficult and controlling relationships throughout their lives. That person may have been a parent, partner or close friend.
Controlling behaviour is often subtle. It’s difficult to recognise because it’s impact covers a range of common symptoms such as anxiety, depression and low self-esteem. I understand the symptoms and support you to understand and heal from your experience.
You, like many people, maybe more drawn to such relationships. I can help you to learn to recognise why. More importantly, I help you develop awareness, self-love, care, a sense of worth and self-esteem and establish more robust and healthier boundaries.
I feel privileged to do this work and to witness transformation and change.
Why I Am A Relationship Therapist and Coach
- I am a relationship counsellor because I believe counselling works! You can heal the trauma of the mind, body and soul.
- The past doesn’t have to have a hold on your present or future.
- When you tune in and listen to your soul, shifts in your life happen.
- Relationships, even difficult ones, are the most important tool for our self-discovery.
- I passionately believe that you have the divine right to live your life as fully as possible and flourish into the fullest version of yourself. This might feel impossible if you live with the reality of a hostile or boring relationship with a difficult person, but you CAN have a different experience.
At the centre of my work is the heart. I have genuine positive regard for all of my clients. My work is compassionate while providing enough challenge to allow you to self-reflect on a deeper level so that you develop, grow and shape your life in a way that feels authentic to you. You tell your story, in your way and in your own time.
I wholeheartedly believe that the experience of connection crafted inside the therapy room is one you will be able to craft outside.
What You Need To Know About My Professional Qualifications
For 11 years, I have been a practising counsellor and relationship therapist in private practice after training at the Re-Vision Centre for Integrative Psychosynthesis. So that I provide you with the best possible care, I am committed to my professional development.
I have undertaken training in the following:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Integrative Psychosynthesis.Counselling
- Post Graduate Diploma in Couples Counselling: Couples in Search of Soul
- Jungian Life Coach Training, Creative Mind University
- The Developmental Model of Couples Therapy – The Couples Institute
- Certificate in Bereavement and Complicated Grief
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Working with Trauma including with Peter Levine (Somatic Experiencing) and Babette Rothchild
- Working with Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Diversity in Counselling
I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP). Essential to my practice is the regular supervision I have with an Integrative Psychosynthesis Psychotherapist.
How often do you say no to yourself because you are saying yes to everyone else? Click the image below, download your free guide and start YES to yourself! It’s time just for you.
Get in Touch
Call 07535 864836 or click the button below to arrange FREE 15-minute consultation to discuss what you’re looking for and how I can support you. I will get back to you as soon as I can.