Something doesn’t feel right, and it hasn’t for a while
You wanted this relationship to work. You thought you found you’re soul mate, someone who was attentive and wanted the same things you did.
Now you’re not sure.
Something has changed.
You drop hints to friends and family because other people’s opinion matters to you. Some think you’re the perfect couple and others can’t understand why you stay.
In the meantime, while you try to figure things out, familiar voices kick in.
- Guilt keeps you, people-pleasing
- Anxiety stops you breathing because you’re treading on eggshells
- Shame tells you that you’re a terrible person to feel angry
- Sex is for people who live on Mars
- Your Inner Critic believes the judgement and blame
- Perfectionism tells you to try harder
- Confusion makes it hard to concentrate and believe in yourself.
You’re not sure whether your partner is controlling and your feelings are a response to coercive and controlling behaviour.
But what you do know is that home doesn’t feel like a nurturing, supportive, loving environment.